Monday, March 7, 2011

Blessings 61-70

On Sunday we dedicated Evalyn to God. I was pretty emotional. My precious little girl, my sweet handsome little boy and giving them both to God...again. As a parent I feel like I am constantly offering up their tiny souls to God.

God, please keep them safe and healthy. Please have their minds and bodies develop perfectly. Please show me how what to do and how to do it. Please lead me so I can lead them. Please let them feel your love growing in their hearts and surrounding them always.

Please and Thank you...isn't that what we teach our children? I often feel like this is what I am saying to God. Please and thank you in the same breath. That leads to my blessings of the week. I was thinking about choosing to give thanks to God and how for me there really are 2 ways I give thanks.

Because of and in spite of

Sometimes it's a thank you for the blessings of joy and wonder in my life. Other times it is in spite of the horror or sadness surrounding my life He is there, others hold us close or we see the beams of light in the darkness. Praise God we are never alone and no matter if it is sunshine or darkness He is there waiting and loving on us.

61. For the gift of Evalyn. Her sweet spirit, her strength and her simple joy. For the way my heart squeezes when I think of her.


62. For this suit and this snuggle.



63. For E bouncing and rolling all over the house. For "so big" and clapping. 



64. For personalized hairbows and a little girl to wear them.


65. For rollers and yellow jammies


66. For these smiles and how they love me back.


67. For my mom who helps without me having to ask and loves my kids from the depths of her heart.

68. For Beckham saying, "Evalyn, I like you!" Makes my mommy heart melt.

69. For delicate tulips with paper thin petals of pink. Simple, full of hope and a reminder that spring will come.

70. For the reminder at church on Sunday, God looks at our heart, it's always our heart he is after.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time of peeking into your world. I've enjoyed the beautiful smiles I've found here and your precious list. I'm always blessed to "meet" mom's who understand parenting for what it is ~ total dependence on God.

    ReplyDelete