Sunday, March 21, 2010

Peace, Joy and then Saturday...

On Thursday evening I host some a bible study with some AMAZING women from my neighborhood. All of us have young families and so I have to admit that our 10 week study we thought would be finished by Christmas is looking more like Easter at this point. I adore these ladies and their prayers changes lives...mine was changed on Thursday. God spoke to me and told me that Evalyn (Baby Girl Hanson now has a name!) is going to be OK. He said, "I am watching her for you." I also saw Jesus full of joy interacting with her and he showed me how when I monitor he is giving me proof that he is doing a good job watching her each day.

What would you do you do when God is resting his hands on your tummy and talking to you? I cried and let go and was immediately filled with peace. A joy has been radiating in me since then like I haven't felt since before Briana died. I found myself giggling (OK...Sarah, Katie and I did get some great shopping time together so that might have been a little part of it!)

Then came Saturday and today...why is Satan so annoying?!? Evalyn is moving different, really different than she has before and having tons of hiccups. It makes me nervous, actually terrified that she isn't OK. God just told me she was OK and 2 days later I am at Fairview Southdale trying to track my little girl on the monitor...so frustrating!

So as of right now I am praying to get an ultrasound tomorrow to see how she is doing and if the cord is wrapped or being compressed anywhere. I go to see Dr. Collins a week from tomorrow and can't wait to have him look at my sweet Evalyn and how she is doing.

Why does Satan try to steal our joy and our peace? Why do we let him? Why is fulfilling the simple dream of having a few children so challenging for so many families? I have been repeating God's message to me..."She is OK, I am watching her" over and over again.

Why does June 2 seem so far away?

2 comments:

  1. Heather - I have goosebumps! I had this strange feeling to pray for you this morning, even call you but I forgot my cell phone at home and by the time I got home Casey was screaming (literally) for her next meal. Know that not only is our amazing God holding you and Dirk and Beckham and Evalyn in His hands but many here on earth are holding you all up to Him in prayer. Sending love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that Satan wears me out. You'll be in our prayers for health and time to fly by until she arrives! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete